Software Programmer (MS Dynamics NAV)
For our client (Leiden area) we are currently looking for a Software Programmer (Navision).
In this role you will be working on projects to develop and deliver the MS Dynamics NAV solution. You will take the lead on NAV projects remaining very hands on during the development, programming, design and implementation phases.
We offer an interesting job within our dynamic IT department, where you will implement your extended knowledge in order to improve our current ERP system. Our IT department is moving constantly, implementing exciting projects on a regular basis. The team has flat hierarchy and is open to initiatives.
- Fully responsible for developing, programming and optimizing the ERP system, currently Navision;
- Prototype design, programming & development and demonstration;
- Production of design and technical documentation;
- Provide technical training to both internal and external clients;
- Development and delivery of testing strategies.
- Implementing new modules (add-ons) and new functionalities requested by the users mainly for the ERP system and interfaces related to third party products;
- Code, unit test, performance test, debug, implement and support application systems either through new development/programming of functionality or enhancement of our existing functionality;
- Apply your architecture knowledge to increase the scalability of our ERP System and help us to prepare for new implementations;
- Work together with project managers, business analysts, testers as well other teams from integrated solutions to ensure effective delivery of functionality;
- Work closely with our NAV specialist;
- Use software development methodologies and standards (based on Microsoft Guides) to effectively code and provide a high quality;
- Take ownership for your developed software and continuously work to improve the existing system;
- 2nd level support IT systems data center.
- Educated to a degree level (minimum HBO) with an IT specialization;
- Preferably GMP experience or experience in working in a pharmaceutical/manufacturing environment;
- Qualified experience with operating systems such as Windows, Exchange, CITRIX, Active directory and virtual systems;
- 5+ years programming experience with NAV & SQL servers;
- Navision Accreditation 2009/2013/2015;
- Experience with IT infrastructure;
- Good documentation skills, particular in producing design specifications and test scripts.
Specific requirements and skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload;
- Problem solving skills;
- Advanced skills in project management;
- Great knowledge of the English language is a must;
- Process knowledge;
- Ability to advise users remotely, also in an international context.